Can I use pure copper sulfate (no lime) during the dormant season on my sweet...

Can I use pure copper sulfate (no lime) during the dormant season on my sweet and sour cherry trees. Is it really safe to used copper/lime during the growing season? Also I think I'm having a fungus problem where little dark spots appears on many of my cherries, and then they start to turn yellow and stop growing (please see pictures). It would be wonderful if you can tell me how to solve the problem for next year (copper? sulfur?). Thank you so much. Jim Holland, OH

Lucas County Ohio cherry trees

Hello from OSU Extension in Lucas County. I was wondering if you might be able to bring some fruit samples to our office for identification. We have a horticulture office on the grounds at the Toledo Botanical Garden. Our current office location is 5526 West Bancroft just east of Hawkins Elementary School. We will be moving shortly to the main office, or Hawkins Farmhouse, at the main entrance off of Bancroft. We are waiting on the telephone and cable lines to be transfered. We have volunteers scheduled in the office on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 am - 1 pm. Samples can also be mailed to the office at 5403 Elmer Drive, Toledo, Ohio 43615 to the Attention of OSU Extension. Once we ID the pest problem, we can then determine the best course of action. I hope to see your cherry samples soon. Our office number is 419-578-6783. Amy