Last year my glads seeded and i have a million seedlings now. I want to thin...

Last year my glads seeded and i have a million seedlings now. I want to thin them and want to relocate the seedlings. They are from 3 to 6 inches tall. Should i put them into small pots or should i relocate them directly to a new area in the garden? They are crouded into a 2 1/2 foot area. Thank you for your help. Joan Lechowicz, Pittsburgh, PA.

Allegheny County Pennsylvania gladiolus horticulture flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

Since I can not find any information from education websites for you, here is some general advice. I would make sure they are well-hydrated before moving them. And be extra careful to minimize the amount of root disturbance when you dig them out. You could try to move small clumps instead of separating them individually. To increase your chances of success, you may want to put some in pots and some directly in the new area. Enjoy your experiment!

Thank you very much for your advice Kim, it is very helpful!! I couldn't find any info either! Have a great weekend