Lawn week killer in pet access area

Our yard is being overrun with a variety of weeds, including dandelions, plantain, quack grass, etc. There are way too many this year to dig out by hand. I would like to use a weed killer of some kind, but we have two 8-year-old basset hounds who have access to our fenced-in backyard all year. They will occasionally eat the grass and enjoy lying in the shade. Not to mention, their noses are always sniffing the ground! Is there something I can use now to kill the weeds without harming the dogs? I mow the grass high and weekly, and that seems to help some, but the weeds, especially the dandelions and plantain, are driving me nuts!! Thanks!

Williams County North Dakota lawns and turf weed issues companion animals

I cannot answer our question unless I know what you plan to apply to your lawn. In most cases you will be able to find information on the label of the product you will be using.
Read the label.

Look in the following area of the label: PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS
HAZARDS TO HUMANS & DOMESTIC ANIMALS
CAUTION:

People and pets may enter treated area after spray has dried.
The above is an example of one labels' statement. There are others.

Please feel free to email me again if you have further questions. jackie.buckley@ndsu.edu