Frosted windows and indoor plants

Hi I have just moved to an apartment with no balcony or outdoor space. There are large windows on the East and West facing sides of the building; the east side lets in a lot of light, however, the windows on that side are frosted glass. I have 2 small potted citrus trees - if I place them by the east facing frosted windows will they get enough light? Or considering my new space restrictions, should I find new homes for the trees and look for other plants that would do better indoors with frosted windows? Thanks!

Outside United States houseplants indoor plants

Thank you for using Ask an Expert. I think your citrus tress will be fine in the frosted windows as it will still receive the defused light that it needs to grow.
Citrus trees grown indoors require a loose, well-drained potting mix maintained at a 5.5 to 6.5 pH.

High humidity also is required in the 30 to 60 percent range. Most homes have an average humidity of only 15 to 20 percent, so a cool mist vaporizer or humidifier may be used.

Alternatively, placing the container on a pebble tray that is partially filled with water and misting the foliage frequently helps raise the humidity.

Apply a soluble citrus fertilizer formulated to maintain the medium at a slightly acidic pH once a month or use a slow-release fertilizer.

Trees require water when the top 2 to 3 inches of potting medium feels dry. Over-watering is a common cause of fruit drop.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Good Luck!