Orange rust on black raspberry

it appears I have Orange rust on my black raspberries. I have never heard of this disease. Do I really need to destroy all my black raspberry plants? Is this a local issue? I live in Schaefferstown and have been growing black raspberries for over 30 years and never had any problems. I would appreciate any info you could give me to save my plants.

Lebanon County Pennsylvania

Here is a link to our fruit growing book. Look under the section "Brambles" then "Disease Descriptions and Management."

http://extension.psu.edu/plants/gardening/fphg

Orange rust is described as a systemic disease. Once the plant is infected, the entire plant is infected for life. Spores of rust are spread to healthy plants by the wind. Fungicides may help protect healthy plants but there is no cure for those already infected. It is recommended that infected plants be removed.

Cornell University in New York states that "Orange rust is one of the more serious diseases of susceptible brambles in the Northeast." This is not just a local issue.