I have a young gooseberry plant has leaf spot what do I do to cure this I an...

I have a young gooseberry plant has leaf spot what do I do to cure this I an in Vancouver BC

Outside United States

Leaf spot of gooseberries is prevented by removing dead and broken stems and branches in early spring. Prune gooseberries in late winter / early spring for two purposes: to open or keep opened the center of the bush, and to maintain a balance of branches 1, 2, and 3 years old. Remove branches 4 years old and older. Gooseberry varieties differ in susceptibility to diseases. Plant disease resistant varieties. Maintain healthy gooseberries by planting in well drained soil with good water and air drainage. Fertilize annually with a rhododendron fertilizer. Water regularly as needed so gooseberries receive at least 1 inch (2.25 cm.) water per week during the growing season. At the end of the season remove and dispose of plant debris. If leaf spot persists spray with sulphur according to Canada federal approved pesticide label. Do not use fungicides (a class of pesticides) lacking Canada federal pesticide label. Sulphur is an ancient, effective and natural pest control product.