I appreciate your site. I plant Hibiscus every year around my patio. Usually...

I appreciate your site. I plant Hibiscus every year around my patio. Usually I cut them off at the ground in the fall and in the spring I pull the root ball up and insert a new plant. I live in Tennessee so it is to cold to save. This year I planted about 18 and the leaves wilted but stayed green. So I replaced the plants and the new ones did the same thing. I never had this problem before. I tried the bleach and water mixture thinking it was fungus. I can not tell if it worked at this point. Before I replant should I remove dirt for about a couple of feet and then replant. I have not had theis problem in the 7 years I have been doing this. I also have one of 2 Robelinie that wilted.

Tennessee hibiscus horticulture flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

Contact your local Extension Office, they can send plant samples in from the hibiscus root ball to see if it is a soil born pathogen, no reason to worry about the soil until you know there is a problem.