how much vermicompost should i use to brew tea in a 55 gallon drum
Philadelphia County Pennsylvania
Here is a simple recipe for aerated compost tea. The aeration device should agitate as well as aerate the tea for best results. Aeration keeps the aerobic bacteria alive and well.
Compost Tea Recipe
This is a simple and standard recipe for five gallons of compost tea. The proportions can be multiplied for larger batches. This recipe comes from Mother Earth News.
Ingredients and Supplies
- five-gallon bucket (make sure it is clean!)
- water to fill the bucket (either rainwater, pond or if tap water isn't chlorinated)
- 1 cup of worm castings
- 1/4 cup of food: unsulphured molasses, humic acid (1 tablespoon), fish hydrolase and kelp.
- 1 compost tea bag/stocking
- air pump
- plastic watering can or backpack sprayer (one that has never been used for chemical applications)