Will peppermint keep squirrels away?

Will peppermint keep squirrels away? My neighbor has black walnut trees and I have quite a few squirrels that enjoy planting nuts in my flower pots, dig holes in my garden and they are constantly at my bird feeders (I use safflower seed). Will peppermint plants grow in Minnesota and if I plant them around and in the places where the squirrels are doing damage, will the plants be a deterrent?

Carver County Minnesota

I'm sorry but I don't believe peppermint will deter squirrels but that plant is extremely invasive and will quickly spread We do not recommend planting any mints in the ground. You can try adding cayenne pepper to your bird seed. It will not deter the birds but squirrels hesitate to eat the flavored seeds. As far as the digging, there really isn't anything. You could spray your potted plants with products that are meant to repel rabbits, deer, etc and maybe that will help.