planting Apple trees from seed

I have wanted Apple trees for a while and decided to plant seeds from a few store bought Gala apples. I have 22 that are sprouting and breaking through the dirt. I understand that planting a Gala seed doesn't mean I will get Gala apples. My question is, when these trees get big enough to be grafted in a year or two, can I graft them together with them being from the same type of Apple? I've been told that a tree that is not grafted will produce small fruit like a crab Apple. I want larger fruit. I live in central Alabama. If I need to graft these to a different kind of Apple tree for it to make a difference in the fruit, what kind of Apple should I collect seeds from?

Macon County Alabama

Please call Mr. Walter Baldwin, he is our Ag Agent in the office. His number is 334-421-1576. What county are you located in?

Lee county

-Gloria P.