Plants and Boron

Hello, I am installing some gardens for food in a neighborhood in Ashland that has Boron in the water system. From what I remember high contents of Boron can have a very ill effect on plants. They did test last late summer earlly fall and found high amounts in the well. From what I remember, the content of Boron gets higher later in the season when the water table goes down. Is it okay to water plants with well water now? when I think the levels are lower. They do have irrigation from neil creek, but it is not always very easy to turn on and access. Wondering what your thoughts are? I am growing greens, broccoli, chard, basil, tomatoes, peppers, corn, bean, squash, pretty much a summer garden, Thank you

Jackson County Oregon water quality horticulture vegetable gardening

I can find no information that boron levels in your well water would be lower in spring. Since the testing you had took place in the fall, unless you test again, you have to assume there are high levels of boron currently in your well water. The Garden Guide for the Rogue Valley states "only a few plants can tolerate this (boron)."

If you have an alternate water supply I suggest you use it.