New Blueberry planting

I have read your website for information on blueberries. I have only seen how to plant if under the optimal circumstances a bed/spot has been prepared a year in advance. I unfortunately put the cart before the horse and bought the plants without researching first :( So, I understand the soil needs to be moist, porous (peat moss or rotten sawdust) mixture and acidic, but I don't know what type of fertilizer to put in ground first if any at all now. We have PA clay soil, so I was planning to buy topsoil and mix with peat moss instead of using the soil/rock that is in the current spot. Anything else I should add to that? I have organic garden sulfur in pellet form I could add or mix with water. Thoughts, guidance? Thank you.

Lancaster County Pennsylvania

Here is information from the blueberry grower's association. You can do this before you plant the bushes either in a raised bed or in the ground.

Select a sunny location in well drained soil free of weeds and well worked. Locate in an area where irrigation water is available as best results will be obtained by keeping the root zone moist throughout the growing season. Where the soil is poor or marginally drained, raised beds 3-4 feet wide and 8-12" high work very well for blueberries.

A fail safe way to grow blueberries in almost any soil is to incorporate peat moss into the planting medium. For planting directly in the ground, work up a planting area approximately 2-1/2 feet in diameter and one foot deep. Remove 1/3 to 1/2 of the soil. Add an equal amount of pre-moistened peat moss and mix well. One 4 cubic foot compressed bale will usually be sufficient for 4-5 plants, for raised beds mix equal volumes peat moss with acid compost or planting mix. Blueberries thrive in acidic soils. Your garden center representative can recommend a soil acidifier if necessary for your area.