Can I rescue my white pines?

Hello! A few of my White Pines are getting sparse. There are fewer needles on the trees. Is there anything I can do to save the trees? Do you have another suggestion? Someone suggested planting new trees under these so they start to grow before we lose them. First choice would be to rescue the ones I have. Thank you so much for any information you can share!

Howard County Maryland trees and shrubs white pines loss of needles

The pines in your photo look well established. As the pines grow and mature there is a lot of root competition for moisture and nutrients and in shady conditions they grow slowly and lose their lower branches. You may even see needle loss. There is not much you can do other than provide supplemental irrigation in dry periods.

Planting new plants under the pines trees is very difficult due to the root competition for moisture and nutrients and lack of sunlight. Do not count on success.