Peach tree leaf fall in May

I have a Cresthaven dwarf peach tree that is 4 years old, about 10 feet tall and 6 foot wide, that is planted in full sun. I check on the tree daily in the spring and summer and monthly all other times. Today (May 11th) I found a pile of green leaves scattered directly below the peach tree. Yesterday I didn’t see any evidence of leaf fall. The leaves on the ground look green, healthy, and freshly fallen. The leaves on the tree look the green and healthy. Some of the leaves on the tree fall off easily when I gently tug on them. Others are held on tight. There are some leaves that are yellowing and have brown round spots; others that are green with green spots. I am trying to figure out what is going on with the peach tree (the apple trees are fine). I have never seen this before with my tree and web searches are turning up empty. The peaches that are forming are forming nicely and look beautiful. I sprayed the peach (and apple) tree on Saturday (May 9th) with 2.5 tablespoons of Bonide Fruit Tree Spray Concentrate in 1 gallon of water (used to cover three dwarf trees). - http://www.bonide.com/lbonide/backlabels/l201.pdf. Is it normal to lose green “healthy” leaves on peach trees in May? Could the leaf drop be due to the Bonide spray, nutrient deficiency, or insect/fungus/bacterial disease? Is there something I can do to prevent further leaf loss?

Frederick County Maryland fruit peach environmental issue

From your photos your peach leaves look pretty healthy. The leaf drop may have been attributed to environmental issues. You did not mention if you have fertilized your tree. Peaches need yearly early spring applications of nitrogen. See our publication on stone fruits for more information on care http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG77_IPM_Series_Ston...

Monitor your tree throughout the season and you can send us additional photos if you notice other symptoms.