Help my grass is disappearing!!

Name, age and/or size of plant ***Grass is 20 years old When was the problem was first noted ***Last spring What part of the plant is affected? ***Large patches where grass is disappearing. Have symptoms progressed or changed? ****Last year I put down grub control and lime and it seems to stop for a while, but it is back this year. Growing conditions (full sun, part shade, shade, windy, salt spray, etc.) ****Morning full sun. Soil problems (compacted soil, construction activity, poor drainage) ****There is a lot of clay under the grass, but no one else in the neighborhood has the problem we do Pesticide and fertilizer applications ****Only what I mentioned above Photos (jpg, png, or gif files, maximum size of 5MB each and in focus) are very helpful! Include an object (ruler/coin) to indicate scale, especially important for insect ID.

Howard County Maryland lawns and turf weed control crabgrass preemergent lawn bare spots

The bare spots are the results of where crabgrass covered the area last summer and will do so again this summer unless a preemergent crabgrass preventer is applied now and again in 30 days.In late August, incorporate leaf gro (compost) into the bare spots and reseed with a turf type tall fescue blend. https://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG101%20Guide%20to%...

ro