Ground cover for recent disturbed dozer area

Dry, hilly mountaintop, Edwards county ranch. Perennial, friendly to deer, turkey quail ok. To to cover large areas of black soil mixed with limestone rocks. Trying to cover mud with grasses, wild flowers.

Edwards County Texas

I apologize for the delay in responding to you on your request. I have been out of town away from the computer where I could reply. If you are interested in re-establishing this in native grasses and forbs that can be done by contacting either your local NRCS office and get them to order a native grass mixture as well as a wildlife food plots. I will be glad to send you some publications on restoring rangelands if you will send me an email. My email is RWalston@ag.tamu.edu
Other sources for these seeds are Turner Seed Co. from Breckenridge or Douglas King Seed in San Antonio. Both of these are available on the web.