My daughter would love to do a 4H poultry project with a few silkie hens from...

My daughter would love to do a 4H poultry project with a few silkie hens from our family farm in Indiana. However, we live in Montgomery County, OH where chickens are not permitted. We have a spacious yard, and could easily have a small coop. I was told 4H projects usually supersede city ordinances, but wanted to check and see if this is correct before I encourage her.

Montgomery County Ohio poultry 4-h poultry projects backyard chickens city ordinances

Thank you for your question for eXtension. Since you are a resident of Montgomery County, I encourage you to contact OSU Extension, Montgomery County for the answer to your question. Their telephone number is 937-224-9654. You should ask to speak with Betty Wingerter.