Peach fruit problem

Hi

I got this peachtree about two years ago and started to fruit last year.
There were about 2 dozen fruits last year but all of them had insects inside them.
This year when I looked at the fruits, they have the same apperance - holes on them with gummy substance oozing. Please see attached picture. I don't see anything on the bark nor around the tree.
Can someone please help me what I can do to get rid of the insects?
Appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Bhaskar Kurada

Collin County Texas insect issues fruit trees peach trees horticulture

If there were insects (worms) inside of the fruit, then the problem is plum curculio. The only way to control this is to start spraying when the fruit are very small so it is too late to do anything this year. If there were no insects inside the fruit, then the problem is stink bugs. Again, you will need to spray when the fruit are very small. Your local garden center will carry a fruit tree spray that you can use next year.

Good luck!!

Thank you for your helpful advice. There aren't too many fruits this year. I will spray on the fruit next year. But do the worms reside at the base of the tree? Is there anything I can do to get rid of the source?
Thanks so much.

The worms actually will over winter in the fruit; so get rid of all the old fruit. Also keep the grass well mowed and do not allow leaf debris to accumulate at the base of the trees.