Asked April 16, 2015, 9:39 PM EDT

Our family recently acquired a farm in Kentucky and I have an interest in starting a small beef cattle operation. However, the property has old barns and fencing that I'd like to fix up before I begin. What tips or advice would you offer a beginner? Are there any grants available to me as a landowner to fix up my property or purchase cattle? Thanks in advance, Christopher.

Green County Kentucky

1 Response


Thank you for submitting your question. We are pleased to hear you are interested in a new agricultural venture. To assist us in helping you, please contact the Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent in Green County directly. I have included the contact information below.

Ricky Arnett,

Green County Office
298 Happyville Road
Greensburg, KY 42743
Phone: (270) 932-5311; (270) 932-5311