Box Elder insects

Has anyone witnessed a box elder but use a spider web like string to swing to a hiding place??? Has anyone disected a box elder bug to see if they contain the webbing material??? thank you Mart

Yakima County Washington nuisance insect warning coloration

It certainly seems like box elder bugs can outwit even an entomologist. I spend a lot of time trying to exclude them from my house, yet they still manage to get in. Nevertheless, I have not witnessed box elder bugs using this strategy to escape predation. I am not aware of any member of the Hemipteran order in North America that has the ability to make and utilize webbing. They do nevertheless have a most effective defense mechanism. Box elder bugs will release a pungent odor upon being disturbed to discourage predation. I hear that they taste as bad as they smell. Thus when they congregrate in large numbers, insect predators will only eat a few before realizing just how distasteful any insect that has this warning coloration is!