We have a rather large rabbit (may be rabbits by now) that appears to be...

Asked March 20, 2015, 8:41 AM EDT

We have a rather large rabbit (may be rabbits by now) that appears to be living under our shed and deck). I have placed haveahart trap baited with carrot which the rabbit ignored. I have used the animal repellent pellets and spray as well, the rabbit remains. I called Humane Society and Animal Control and nobody seems to have a service or an answer. I need to get rid of this rabbit immediately or my raised bed garden this year will not be an option. Please help!!!

Montgomery County Maryland wildlife rabbits vegetables

If your other tactics have not worked, we suggest some fencing around your raised bed. You can use chicken wire, or even find rabbit fencing, which is low enough to step over, and light enough to simply insert with some stakes for support. It has smaller openings on the bottom, and the openings get larger towards the top of the wire fencing.
Here is our nuisance wildlife publication. It has much info, including a number for the Nuisance Wildlife Hotline run by the Dept. of Natural Resources: http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG90%20Dealing%20wit...