Paulownia Tree

Last Fall I cut back my two year old Paulownia tree. I cut off the branches and cut them into about two foot long lengths and just piled them and left them over the winter. I noticed the other day that the two foot lengths are sprouting! I wonder if these lengths of limbs that are sprouting could be buried in the soil with the sprouting areas showing above ground successfully growing new trees? I would like to plant a new tree or two for privacy purposes, and of course, being a plant lover, I hate to throw the newly sprouted buds on cut limbs away. Anyway, then I read these are "invasive plants by some. They are so beautiful and the leaves are huge. I love the tree, Do you think planting a couple of these limbs would result in the growth of a new tree?

Clackamas County Oregon

Most likely it would result in a new Paulownia Tree in time. The risk that you run, however, is in introducing a new non-native species to your neighborhood as the Paulownia tree is native to China. This tree has been known to attract a number of fairly obnoxious insects including the Brown Marmorated Stink Bug. This little creature has caused a lot of damage to crops in other parts of the country, and I would think you would want to do everything possible to eliminate a host species for it. Thank you.

Thank you Paul...to the burn pile with them. I had no idea that they were that bad. I appreciate your information! Gayle