Pendleton County small farm

Asked March 15, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT

My wife and I are new to the area. We are interested in eventually residing in Pendleton County and have a small scale farm. Mostly for growing crops for our own usage, possibly to sell, and small scale animal raising. Will the farm bill affect us and how. Also, what resources are available on Pendleton County that will help us achieve our goals.

Pendleton County Kentucky

3 Responses


I apologize for the delay in response. Welcome to Pendleton County. There is potential programs through the farm bill that could affect your small scale operation, as far as crop insurance and coverage for loss of crops.

We offer a variety of educational programs that may help with your farming operation. The description you have provided is a bit vague and with more detail I would be better suited to assist.

As far as financial resources there is CAIP (County Agricultural Improvement Program) a cost 50/50 cost share program. Eligible programs include fencing & on-farm water, large animal, small animal, ag diversification, farm infrastructure, leadership & technology etc. We are currently under our 2014-2015 program cycle and expect to open our 2015-2016 application period in late August/early September.

I would be happy to set up a time to meet to discuss your farm goals and aide in the farm planning process. Please contact me at our office 859-654-3395 for more information.

Dear Lindie:

Hi! Thank you very much for getting back to me!

Yes, I do apologize, but, my question was kind of vague. We are just in the beginning of sorting out our plans and the direction was want to take. Once we get our plan a little more in order I would like to take you up on your offer to come down and get some assistance in this area.

Again, thank you very much for getting back to me!


Andy Ford

We look forward to working with you!

Pendleton County Office
45 David Pribble Drive
Falmouth, KY 41040
Phone: (859) 654-3395
Fax: (859) 654-3397