UK student who lives in Louisville?

Asked March 14, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT

we bought a fixer upper in Louisville last year and have found, to our horror, that water pools right next to the house as it is on a slope.(duh!) We were going to try to dig a french drain or SOMETHING, then my husband fell and is now a quadrapalegic, so money and physical strength (I'm 62) is now an issue. I wondered if there are any students who might be willing to at least tell me what to do and perhaps use the project for their portfolio? I would be willing to pay for their long as it isn't too much! :) I've attached pictures...thank you so much!

Jefferson County Kentucky landscaping flooding standing water wet areas flooded landscapes

1 Response

This isn't something our office would typically handle. You might contact Public Works or a private contractor.

This link will take you to an article about landscape recovery after flooding.

If you have any other questions, you can contact our office at 502-569-2344.