I am considering skipping planting my glads this spring. I would like to save...

I am considering skipping planting my glads this spring. I would like to save them for planting the following year. I currently store them in a cool room in my basement. Will this work, or do they have to be planted every growing season?

Lackawanna County Pennsylvania bulbs

Bulbs don't do well out of the ground for that long. They tend to dry out, rot, or otherwise suffer. If you don't plant them this year you may get a few flowers next year, but will certainly not get anywhere near the response you would like. If you cannot plant them perhaps you can donate them to someone and either get them back in the fall or buy new ones next year.

Thank you very much for the info. I would hate to loose over 50 corms. I have a back-up plan to use part of my vefatable garden for them. It won't be pretty but it will give them a chance to rejuvenate.

Tom Shaw