where can I test my finches for possible exotic newcastle disease?

Over the course of two weeks, I have had 3 caged birds die. One was a cordon bleu waxbill, the other two were juvenile zebra finches. Now my other cordon bleu is showing the same symptoms. Symptoms included gasping for air for a day or two followed by a loss of muscle control, loss of ability to fly, head turning (star gazing), "floppy wings" and falling over. These symptoms appeared after we "bird sat" a love bird.
I am wondering where I can get testing for possible exotic newcastle disease and if there is any cure for the remaining birds. Thanks.

Collier County Florida

I apologize for this late response. I was out of the country for a few days.

The clinical signs you described are suggestive of Newcastle disease but it is best to get an accurate diagnosis through laboratory testing. Please contact the Bronson Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory at:

2700 N. John Young Pkwy.
Kissimmee, FL 34741-1266
(321) 697-1499 Tel
(321) 697-1467 Fax

There is no treatment for Newcastle disease or any viral disease so it is best to practice strict biosecurity starting with thorough cleaning and disinfection of facilities and equipment particularly cages, feeders, and drinkers that were used by the sick and/or dead birds.

Here's a link to a Newcastle disease fact sheet for your reference:

www.cfsph.iastate.edu/FastFacts/pdfs/newcastle_F.pdf