How can I keep my baby's breath seedlings from wilting and dying?

My baby's breath seedlings started out great! But now they're wilting and dying. I spray them morning and night with plain water generously. Is that too much, too little? They're inside in front of the bay window. They have enough light. The temperature is the same as the house -- 76° to 80°. Please tell me how to save them before they all die!

Washington County Iowa trees and shrubs horticulture

I suspect that you may be overwatering them. If the seedlings were up and growing, they really should be allowed to dry out slightly between watering thoroughly, otherwise the roots will likely rot. If they are large enough to transplant to cell packs or small pots you should do that too. Getting them spread out and giving each plant its own growing space will help each plant to get stronger and if a disease gets started in part of the seedling flat, like damping off, it will not spread to the rest of the plants. Good luck.