What information do you have on Tabanidae (horse flies) and horses in Ohio?
Do you have any publications on Tabanidae (horse flies) and horses? We need information to give the Ohio State Racing Commission about the problem with these flies in Ohio.
Fayette County Kentucky
Control for horse and deer flies is somewhat similar since they are both of the Tabanidae family. I have included links for information from Ohio as well as surrounding states. In aggregate, I hope you have the information you need.
- Fly Control around Concentrated Animal Facilities (Ohio State University Extension)
- Deer Flies and Mosquitoes (Michigan State University Extension)
- Fly Control around Horses (University of Minnesota Extension)
- Horse and Deer Flies (Purdue University)
- Horse Insect Control Guide (University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension)