All of my cats became ill after eating this bag of food. What should I do?

I have some cat food that I think is contaminated. All my cats both indoor and outdoor pets plus some feral cats became ill after only one feeding. One cat had a severe reaction and one elderly cat has gone missing. Is there a way I can get this Cat food tested?

I still have the original 16# bag with all the food except what was fed on day one.

Williamson County Texas companion animals

There a couple of steps you would want to take.

If you cats are still ill, you should have them checked out by your veterinarian who can help you to describe the symptoms and can help treat the illness.

You should call the pet food manufacturer directly. There should be contact information for them on the label. You will want to have the label on hand when you call so that they can track the diet. They will be able to see if there are any other complaints or issues with that batch of pet food in their system.

You can also report the diet to the FDA who regulate pet food safety. The directions on how to report the product to the FDA are found here: http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/SafetyHealth/ReportaProblem/ucm182403.htm

I hope that your cats are feeling better soon.