Beginnng to think about my vegetable garden already. For the last 3-4 years I...

Beginnng to think about my vegetable garden already. For the last 3-4 years I have fought early blight in my tomatoes. Reading on the internet that there are actually blight resistant tomatoes. Can you suggest which varieties are best for our region.

Dorchester County Maryland

We know that suppliers are listing early-blight resistance, but we don't have the data yet in Maryland to confirm this. We'd suggest trying it....
We do know that a study being done at Cornell University against late blight has shown that 'Iron Lady' has good resistance to early blight, but we grew them here last year and didn't think much of the taste. We'd take great taste over early blight any day, because early blight can be managed pretty well through cultural methods like removing lower leaves once plants are vigorous, and using a mulch layer to stop soil from splashing.
The following publication of recommended cultivars was recently updated by Maryland Master Gardeners for their favorite cultivars, which absolutely included those with the best taste: http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/HG70_Recommended_Veg...
Our IPM Tomatoes puplication is very helpful for managing many common problems you can encounter with this crop, including early blight management: