Species for which Gibrellic acid enhances seed germination

I HAVE HAD SOME SUCCESS WITH GERMINATION OF DIFFICULT TO ESTABLISH SEEDS AFTER SOAKING THEM IN A 250MG/L SOLUTION OF GA3 OOVERNIGHT, i WOULD LIKE TO EXPAND MY EXPERIMENTS TO MORE THAN THE FEW SPECIES I HAVE FOUND IN THE LITERATURE. ARE YOU AWARE OF A LIST OF SPECIES THAT WOULD/ BENEFIT FROM THE GA3 TREATMENT?

Arapahoe County Colorado

The use of gibberellic acid to promote seed germination has long been an accepted practice. There is a great deal of literature available with concentrations and efficacy. Yet, I don't know of a list of species that may benefit from the use of gibberellic acid application other than for those that require a cold stratification period.

I suggest that you use Google Scholar with the key words: gibberellic acid, seed germination, and the plant species that you intend to germinate. I also recommend that you use the term "site:edu" in your search, which will limit your search to university, research-based information.

Another resource that has an incredible amount of information is the Plant Propagation: Principles and Practices text.

http://www.pearsonhighered.com/educator/product/Hartmann-Kesteraposs-Plant-Propagation-Principles-an...