Brown lines through my apples

The fruit from my apple tree always has brown lines running through it. It looks like the apple was dropped on the ground but the lines appear on all the fruit still on the tree. I haven't seen any worms in the fruit so wonder if this is caused by a type of disease. Any suggestions for how to correct this would be most welcome. We live at an elevation of about 900 ft. Not sure if this would have anything to do with the problem.

Multnomah County Oregon

Narrow brown lines in apple flesh often indicate a problem with an insect pest, the apple maggot. The problem can occur while the fruit is on the tree but is sometimes not obvious until after the fruit has been stored for a while. Please compare the damage with that shown in this publication: “The Apple Maggot in Oregon” which includes management. Please notice that the products in Table 1 are for commercial use, those in Table 2 for home gardens. http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1957/13540/ec1633.pdf

Thank you so much for your help. However, when I click on the link, it takes me to a page that says "Resource not found". I tried it numerous times, but it always goes to the "Resource not found" page. Perhaps there is an updated link??