Aloe Vera help

Asked January 24, 2015, 4:52 AM EST

Hi, I've had my aloe Vera plant for two years, but recently ive noticed its leaves are starting to curl inwards and have brown on them. I've read that this could mean the plant isn't getting enough water and maybe to much sun. I live in the UK so it's not exactly hot here and I have my plant on my dressing table away from direct sunlight but not in a shaded corner. I've repotted my plant using a soil for cactus type plants and then left it a few weeks and watered in, I also gave it some miracle grow, but nothing seems to help. Any ideas? Thanks

Outside United States indoor gardening indoor plants

From what I have research the major concern with Aloe plants is over watering. That is something that you want to avoid. The diseases that show up over-watering is the culprit.

General care and maintenance
Aloe plant are generally very easy to care for but care should be taken to avoid overwatering. The plants should be watered deeply but allowed to dry out before the next watering. Check the soil prior to watering. Allow the soil to dry down to a depth of 7.5 to 10 cm (3-4 in) for older, well-established plants or 3.5-5 cm (1-2 in) for younger plants. In addition, although Aloe plants require lots of lights, sitting them in full sun can be harmful and it is best to position potted Aloes in a bright window. If the plant is receiving too much sun, the leaves will begin to turn brown.

You may have to start with a new plant, Make sure you use new sterile soil. Good Luck, Jackie