R/t tomatoes. Possibly result of wilt but the tomato fruit has a circle...

Asked January 23, 2015, 3:04 AM EST

R/t tomatoes. Possibly result of wilt but the tomato fruit has a circle inside skin that is dry,white spots.you can see this through the outside skin as light spots instead off the red all over .Hope you can help. Weather hot.Dam water used for watering.Thank you Frances from Western Australia.The sth west of state

Outside United States fruits and vegetables growing tomatoes tomato wilt horticulture

Hi, I am in the US in the state of Kentucky. So, with that in mind, I'm not sure of what your pest pressures are in Australia. However, look at this powerpoint from one of our neighboring states (Ohio):
http://entomology.osu.edu/welty/ppt%20pdf/TomatoStinkBugJan03R.pdf

This was the best pictures of stink bug damage, which what I'm leaning toward given your description. If this is indeed what you think is happening, you can use insecticides or just cut around the spots before eating. The tomato is still edible, the spots pose no hazard to us. There's not very many organic options for stink bug control that I'm aware of. Hope this helps.