farmers market

Asked January 3, 2015, 8:11 PM EST

What type of facility do i need in order to process rabbit's and poultry from my house for resale at farmers market's and from my house do I need a license

Branch County Michigan

1 Response

The type of license and facility needed depend on the amount of rabbits and poultry you want to process in a year and/or their dollar value. At any level, you will need a Food Establishment License from the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. More information can be found at,4610,7-125-1569_16958_16974-173898--,00.html.

You can also contact MDARD,,4610,7-125-2762---,00.html, and ask to be put in contact with your area inspector for more assistance.