Can I re-dehydrate apples?

I dried a bunch of apples awhile ago. About 15 sandwich sized bags of them were stored in my garage for the last few months. When we just got a bag out to eat, we noticed that they aren't as dry or hard as they used to be. I'm guessing that outside moisture got in the bags. They smell, look and taste fine (no signs of mold or rot). Are they still safe to eat? Can I re-dry them? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Sitka Alaska home food preservation food dehydration

Yes, according to the National Center for Food preservation, dehydrated foods that have absorbed moisture can be dehydrated again. "Foods that are packaged seemingly "bone dry" can spoil if moisture is reabsorbed during storage. Check dried foods frequently during storage to see if they are still dry. Glass containers are excellent for storage because any moisture that collects on the inside can be seen easily. Foods affected by moisture, but not spoiled, should be used immediately or redried and repackaged. Moldy foods should be discarded".