Cucumbers from Virginia greenhouses?‏

I am looking for a commercial supplier of year-round cucumbers. I understand that there has been some success with re-purposing greenhouses that were previously used for tobacco in order to grow hydroponic crops, such as cucumbers.

Can you provide any contacts who might be able to help me find a potential year-round supplier of cucumbers in Virginia?

Virginia

Hey There!

The Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS) Sales & Market Development Team may be able to assist you. Their phone number is 804-786-3951. If you are looking for cucumbers from a specific region of VA, check out their website and you can contact a regional staff member directly: http://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/about/directory-mkt.shtml

I am unaware of anyone in my immediate area that can supply cucumbers year-round, but I did send a note to my colleagues across the state and have gotten back a few leads. Please contact me directly at 804-493-8924 if you would like to discuss these.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Stephanie

Stephanie,
Thanks for your great help!