I live in Portage County. This summer I started getting 2-pronged bites on my...

I live in Portage County. This summer I started getting 2-pronged bites on my hands, arms and face while a slept. Exterminators came and sprayed for spiders and carpet beetles. A specially trained bed-bug-sniffing dog went though the house, too. Nothing was found. The problem went away for a few months, but I am starting to get bit again. No one - not even the exterminators - really know what this is. Do you know what this may be and how to completely exterminate it from my house?

Ohio

It is very difficult to tell from the photo given. Your best bet is to collect samples and send in for identification. Contact the C. Wayne Ellett Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic at this website http://ppdc.osu.edu/ . Ask them how you should collect the sample and how to ship it. Note that there will be a charge for the process but at least you may receive some answers.

Dear Dr. Jones,
Thank you for your reply. I will follow up with the contact you have provided.

I thought that I had attached four photos to my request, but only one posted. Here are the other three. If these provide you with any additional insight, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Unfortunately this does not help in the identification of the specks. I would still collect some samples and send into the clinic mentioned in the earlier response.

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving too!