Can't afford health insurance through employer

Asked November 1, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT

Hi, I am earning $36000/year and paying $ 712/month health insurance premium for my family (myself+spouse+1 year old) through my employer. How do i lower my health insurance or can i get low premium health insurance through marketplace if yes how and what to do with employer based insurance. advise would be very very helpful ! Thanks

Dallas County Texas

Without more information, it is difficult to speak to your specific situation. Depending on the nature and affordability of your employer-offered insurance, you may be able to get more affordable coverage in the Health Insurance Marketplace. The only way to find out for sure is to visit https://healthcare.gov. You can learn more about the rules that apply to you and your employer, look at available plans and learn if you and your family will qualify for financial assistance with premiums and health care costs. Open enrollment for 2015 is November 15, 2014, to February 15, 2015. Thank your for your question.