Asked November 1, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT

i'm trying to obtain a FAMACHA card. There are no real local classes at this time close enough for me. Is there another way to do this? Can a vet or licensed individual instruct me so I can get the card? Thank you,Larissa

Beaver County Pennsylvania

1 Response

The FAMACHA cards are distributed under the auspices of South African Veterinary Association with U.S. distribution through the American Consortium for Small Ruminant Parasite Control. As a result sheep and goat producers will need to work with a veterinarian or attend a formal training workshop to obtain a FAMACHA card. Yes, a veterinarian or other trained health professionals can provide training in the proper use of the FAMACHA system prior to selling you a card. Please visit the ACSRP website for more information - http://www.acsrpc.org/