1.Can I have the name of pepper leaf disease in the picture provided? Also,...

1.Can I have the name of pepper leaf disease in the picture provided? Also, what is the name of a spray that is organic and non-organic? 2.I had a lot of tomato Horn Worm damage this year. What kind of method of prevention do you suggest for next year? How can I treat the current damage?

Howard County Maryland

Your photo is out of focus and we cannot make an accurate diagnosis. You do have the option of resubmitting your photo. Peppers can be subject to several fungal and bacterial diseases. In general , below are some prevention and control techniques. Before a chemical control is recommended the disease needs to be identified. Also, you may not have a problem next year.

• Select resistant varieties. Purchase disease-free seed and transplants.
  • Mulch plants deeply with a thick organic material like newspaper covered with straw or grass clippings. Avoid overhead watering. Remove and discard badly infected plant parts and all debris at the end of the season.
  • Rotate peppers to a different location if infections are severe and cover the soil with black plastic mulch or black landscape fabric prior to planting.

• See our profile on hornworms for prevention and control http://extension.umd.edu/growit/insects/tobaccotomato-hornworm
  • mh