Kiwi berries

Can I can using hot water bath kiwi berries and do you have instructions for canning this fruit? Do you have instructions for freezing kiwi berries? Thank you, Cathy Gallegos

Fairfax County Virginia home food preservation

I am looking for recipes to answer your question.

I was unable to find a canning recipe for Kiwi fruit. Any recipe used for canning should be researched based and verified for safety. Kiwi fruit is an emerging production fruit and does not have tested recipes for canning safely.
The Kiwi fruit may be frozen either whole or sliced. It is recommended to wash the fruit and to freeze whole, place the fruit on a cookie sheet lined with freezer paper, lay out the berries on the cookie sheet and place in freezer for several hours to start the freezing process. The whole berries may then be placed in a freezer container for storage. You can use the same process for sliced fruit or place the slices in a freezer container in small batches. Please let me know if you have additional questions.