BOB - Strengths & Limits of Arial Treatment

I've read about antifungal injections to treat BOB. However, I have seen no research on treating Burr Oaks for BOB using arial spraying/treatment. I'd appreciate leads on current research related to application rates, concentrations, and outcomes with the use of targeted arial spraying of antifungals. I have read about the growing use of copter drone spraying of fruit trees in CA & FL. I am interested in moving to provide these options in my neighborhood if there are decent outcomes possible. Wes (Kandiyohi County, Minnesota)

Johnson County Minnesota

Hello. Great question. I would be pretty surprised to find that aerial spraying is an option. Spraying is effective for float diseases (affecting leaves from the surface) but less so for diseases whose treatment required a systemic fungicide like BOB. Aerial spraying would also be extremely expensive and very likely banned in a neighborhood setting.

Hope this helps.