I need some help.About a year ago at the water faucet, it seemed like our...

I need some help.About a year ago at the water faucet, it seemed like our pump was sucking air. We replaced the water tank. We put in new 1 inch water line and a new foot valve.The problem is still the same. We are unable toprime the pump. The pump does not pick up its prime. Up until a year ago, the cistern had worked for 30 years.

Ohio drinking water private water systems

That sounds like a problem either with the pump, or pipes. keeping a prime relies on an unbroken water column, so any holes in unexpected places will interfere. Has the cistern been inspected to be sure the vents and all lines are sound? Has it been cleaned out periodically to ensure no sediment or debris is interfering?
http://extension.psu.edu/natural-resources/water/drinking-water/cisterns-and-springs/rainwater-ciste...
has information on cistern construction and concerns. Perhaps something in there will shed light on your problem. If cisterns are common in your area, i would consult an installer for those systems for an inspection since it has been in for 30 years, It couldn't hurt. We recommend having a professional inspect wells every 10 years.
I hope this helps,