Moy Grande Perennial Hibiscus

The "Moy Grande" perennial hibiscus is listed as a Texas Super Star plant, however, I am having a very difficult time locating a source for this plant. I saw this plant in bloom at the "McLennan County Master Gardens Trailside Gardens" (Waco) this past week-end and now I would like to have several of the plants for my yard in Rockport, Texas. Not any of the retail nurseries in Rockport or Corpus Christi carry the plants. I would appreciated assistance in locating a source for this beautiful plant.

Aransas County Texas horticulture flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

I'm sorry I don't know any where that is selling this plant but I'm waiting to hear back from someone on this and I will get back to you early next week. Meanwhile, have you asked the Rockport or Corpus Christi nurseries if they can order 'Moy Grande' for you?

Ginger,
Yes, we have checked with the Rockport, Corpus Christi, and surrounding area retail and wholesale nurseries. None had any plants and most were not familiar with the Moy Grande. We look forward to hearing from you next week.
Kay

Hello Kay,

I found out that it is Color Spot Nursery in San Antonio who was propagating these plants and unfortunately they do not have any more available this year. Any retail nursery who buys from them should be able to get them as soon as they are available so you might want to call again and get on the list.

You mentioned having checked with wholesale nurseries too, but just thought I'd mention Oso Nursery in Flour Bluff just in case you hadn't called them. Their number is 939-9006. Sorry I didn't have any better news for you.

Regards,

Ginger Easton Smith

Ginger,
Thanks for your assistance. I have not checked with the Oso Nursery but will do so this afternoon.
Kay

Ginger,
Thanks for the suggestion on the Color Spot Nursery in San Antonio. They, as well as the Color Spot Nursery in Katy, will have them ready for sell/shipment in April, 2015. We now have to find someone to order us some plants as Color Spot is a wholesaler only.
Kay

I'm glad you are getting closer to owning a Moy Grande! Color Spot ought to tell you who they wholesale to in our area, but if not, I think you may have to just call the local nurseries again and ask them. Maybe they will hold one for you or notify you when the shipment arrives.