weaponized fleas !!!

I have a problem with seemingly unkillable fleas. They are on my dog and in my house. I've searched on line, vacced and sprayed the whole house/carptes,edges of floors and just about everything else with "HotShot" bedbug and flea killer, put several different kinds of flea sprays and Hartz Ultra Guard Pro flea drops on my dog. The fleas don't even seem to notice or care!!

Dallas County Texas companion animals fleas

Hello-

I can understand your frustration with a flea infestation. It sounds like you are doing things "right" with treating the environment, as well as the dog, but since it doesn't seem to be working, I would recommend professional assistance.

Your veterinarian can help evaluate your whole situation, look at your dog, and prescribe specific medication that has proven efficacy, both against adult fleas and against the larva. The product you mention does contain both an insecticide and an insect growth regulator, but it doesn't sound like it is working, so I would go to the next level.

I would also speak with your vet about environmental control. Again, it seems like you are doing the right things, but maybe the products aren't effective, or the timing is off in some way that the fleas are managing to hatch out again, before you get them under control. You might want to consider calling an exterminator who could guarantee their work, and keep coming back until it is satisfactorily completed.

I would caution you to be careful with what you are putting on your dog- especially if you are combining products- some of the sprays and drops that are sold can be quite toxic, especially if used together. Again, your vet should be able to help you out with this. Let him/her know what you have tried and in what order. Timing is often the problem.

Good luck!