ID of plant/vine that is strangling other trees in my yard

I would appreciate any help in identifying this tree/vine that is growing throughout an area of my yard that I have let stay wild as it contains dew berries and wild roses among other plants. The plant that concerns me ends up growing quite high around existing trees and gets intertwined in their branches. The stem can become 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter. I have tried sawing through the base branches near the ground (these are often in a cluster), but this seems to result in propagating more shoots. I'm attaching a couple of pictures of the leaves and stems of the top of one of the smaller plants. Please let me know if any additional pictures or descriptions would be helpful in identifying the plant. Any suggestions for controlling it would also be appreciated.

Ottawa County Michigan

Thank you for your question. It looks like you have Oriental Bittersweet, an invasive plant. There is also a native bittersweet that is not invasive. The Michigan Invasive Plant Network has some excellent info and I am giving you the link: www.mipn.org/OrientalBittersweetBrochureforWeb513.pdf. This brochure has control measures also and is up to date. I hope you will consider trying to eradicate it from your property.

Thank you Marcia. Your response was a huge help