Squash mold problem

These squash vines are coverd with mold or mildew. I water 2 or 3 times a week. I don't think that they can be helped but this happened last year too. How do I keep my vine crops healthy?

Emmet County Michigan fruits and vegetables vegetables

Here’s a link to a resource that will answer your questions:http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7406.html It will tell you:How to treat? There are several treatment options to choose from. Several are provided on the site. If you would like to mix your own, here’s a fungal treatment that can be used on your squash as well as other mildew-susceptible plants:1 tablespoon baking soda + 32 oz. water + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil + couple drops of soap (i.e., Palmolive)Need to treat? Yes! Per the UC Davis site, “Use eradicants at the earliest signs of the disease. Once mildew growth is extensive, control with any fungicide becomes more difficult.”How to prevent? If possible, plant mildew-resistant varieties. And, “Plant in sunny areas as much as possible, provide good air circulation, and avoid applying excess fertilizer. A good alternative is to use a slow-release fertilizer.
Also it is very inprortant not to use overhead watering or sprinkling. Water at soil level as this prevents any spores splashing and creating the mildew fungus.
I hope this information has been helpful and thank you for using Ask an Expert.