Bowling Green Backyard

Asked September 4, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT

I have a small area in my backyard that I am having trouble establishing grass. How and where can I get a soil test to find out what I need to do? Also do you have any suggestions on getting rid of the bermuda grass and establishing a bluegrass lawn?

Warren County Kentucky lawns and turf

1 Response

For soil testing, you need to go to your local Extension Office, which is in Bowling Green at 3132 Nashville Rd. Bowling Green, KY 42101. You can call them at (270) 842-1681. Megan Bailey is the Horticulture agent in Warren County and she would be happy to talk you through the soil testing process.

Each office may charge for soil testing.

As for getting rid of bermudagrass, and establishing a new lawn, try some of these publications:
Low Input Lawns
Lawn Establishment
Selecting the right grass
Controlling weeds