I'm using Mosquito GRANULES (same maker as mosquito dunks/donuts) in a...

I'm using Mosquito GRANULES (same maker as mosquito dunks/donuts) in a birdbath, because I was told years ago that it won't harm the birds... however, it is a shallow container at ground level, and my cat (when she's allowed outside while I'm gardening) and an abandoned cat which has made my yard a semi-home (yeah, I feed her, too) both drink out of it. Will the chemicals from the mosquito granules harm the cats? Thanks for your input

Prince George's County Maryland pesticides mosquito control bt safety with cats

This would depend on what the active ingredient in the granules is. The mosquito 'dunks' and 'donuts' which we reccomend contain Bt, (Bacillus thuringiensis) which is harmless to animals and people. There may be other formulations than this on the market.
You will need to read the complete label carefully and see what the listed active ingredient is. If it is something other than Bt, you could call the National Pesticide Information Center at 1-800-858-7378 and inquire about it's safety for pets and wildlife.

Yes, the label says it contains Bt and that it's supposed to be safe, but I wanted to be sure.... Some companies will promise anything to sell their stuff...

Thanks for the input - glad to hear the water is safe for the homeless cat, because that's probably her only source of clean water...

I knew I could depend on the Expert for an answer - Thanks for your prompt response.

Angie D.